Friday 16 March 2012

Holiday - Day 11 - Taronga Zoo


It's my last full day in Sydney today, but Laura has to head home. We spent the morning on the beach before having lunch at Manly Fish Cafe and catching the ferry to Circular Quay.



Sydney skyline Sydney Dance Company style.






At Circular Quay I said goodbye to Laura who went off to catch the train to the airport whilst I caught another ferry - this time across to Taronga Zoo.


The zoo was another recommendation from De, but I was unsure whether to bother as I'd visited Perth Zoo.


I'm so glad I did. It is a fantastic zoo, and I'd love to go back with enough time to explore properly. I didn't have long there but still managed to cover most of the native animals.





The animals were all a lot more active than those in Perth as the enclosures were more shaded and nocturnal animals were in darkened houses. I got to see a Platypus this time!









The Echidna here were snuffling about their enclosure rather than curled up asleep in Perth.


The views of the city are pretty amazing from here too.




I took the Sky Safari back to the ferry and travelled over the elephants (you can see the shadow of my cable car in the enclosure)



After taking the ferry back to Manly and some tea I took a walk along the seafront to Shelly Beach and watched the surfers enjoying the last of the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment