Wednesday 7 March 2012

Holiday - Day 2 - Rotorua


On my first day in Rotorua I walked through the Government Gardens to Lake Rotorua.



Thermal springs.









The Lakeland Queen paddle steamer. I went for a lunch cruise around Lake Rotorua.






Views from the museum observation tower of Lake Rotorua and Government Gardens.




The Museum was originally built as a Spa. As well as exhibitions on the thermal nature of the region, the Maori settling of the area and the history of tourism in the area there are treatment rooms and the basement with all of the original pipe work and baths for mud baths.


Walking back through the Government Gardens I spotted this Pukeko.


After running away from me


he decided he didn't like the look of me and kept charging me until I went away!

No comments:

Post a Comment